We are delighted that you are considering Shalom School for your child! As Sacramento's only Jewish Day School, our Early Childhood Education and Pre-Kindergarten through Sixth grade programs offer a nurturing environment that fosters the social, emotional, academic, and spiritual development of each of our children. We would love to meet your family and invite you to visit and see for yourself what makes our school so special.
The following are the steps in the admissions process:
Early Childhood Education, including Pre-K (ages 3 months - 5 years old)
1. Contact the admissions office to find out if there are openings in your child's age range and to schedule a tour. If a program is full, you can add your child's name to the wait pool and we will contact you to tour if a spot opens. If there are current openings in your child's age range, we will book a tour for you to come in and see our program in action.
2. Once you decide to enroll, fill out a parent agreement and submit it with a deposit that includes a registration fee plus one installment of tuition.
3. Once a start date is decided, we will book class visits for you and your child to spend time in the classroom before the first official day and additional enrollment paperwork will be provided (which will include a physician's report).
4. Start Shalom School and receive a warm welcome to our community from our students, staff, and families!
Kindergarten - 6th Grade
1. Contact the admissions office to book a tour.
3. Schedule a class visit for your child to spend a half day in our classrooms. This visit will include a short assessment with our learning resource staff.
4. Following the visit, the admission committee will review all materials and notify you of an admissions decision.
5. To officially hold your spot, fill out a parent agreement and submit it with a registration deposit and one installment of tuition.
6. Submit additional enrollment paperwork prior to your child's start date (which includes a Student Health History form).
7. Start Shalom School and receive a warm welcome to our community from our students, staff, and families!