Join our team!
Shalom School is seeking a Music Teacher for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
We are an ECE through 6th grade program looking for a warm and loving music specialist skilled in working with both young children and elementary age students. The music teacher works with students aged 3 months to 12 years and demonstrates enthusiasm, expertise, and the ability to engage children in age-appropriate ways. He or she:
- Provides weekly classroom music instruction to students
- Designs curriculum, instructional goals, and assessments, including but not limited to the following topics: early exposure to music and rhythm, integrating movement into music, music appreciation, introductory music theory, vocal training and performance, and recorders
- Prepares and executes developmentally appropriate lessons
- Engages and excites students about music, differentiates instruction based upon student interests and strengths, and manages classroom effectively
- Collaborates with colleagues to share information regarding students and design special programs
- Creates and directs student choir and performances, including annual holiday performances
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and parents
- Prepares grade reports and completes other administrative tasks as assigned
ECE units and/or Early Childhood Education course work is highly desirable but not required. There is some flexibility in hours; this may be a full-time position for the right candidate.
Interested candidates may email letter of interest and resume to [email protected].