Join our team!
Shalom School is seeking a part-time Kindergarten Assistant Teacher for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
The kindergarten assistant supports all aspects of instruction in the kindergarten classroom. He or she works with the classroom teacher to oversee group activities, assist students with learning tasks, and helps ensure classroom safety. He or she works directly with the children on classroom procedures and routines and provides consistency, structure, and loving guidance. The kindergarten assistant also helps with all kinds of classroom support, including preparing for projects, assisting with cleanup, making copies, and other administrative tasks. He or she is creative, flexible, and collaborative and enjoys a fast-paced and varied work environment.
The successful candidate will possess:
• experience working with children
• a calm and patient manner
• strong communication skills and the ability to help students talk through problems and work towards mutually positive solutions
• the ability to work collaboratively with parents, colleagues, and supervisors
• a commitment to professional development and reflective practice
• teaching credential and/or ECE/Child Development coursework highly desirable
• familiarity with Jewish traditions, holidays, and texts not required but highly desirable
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references to [email protected]
Shalom School is seeking an Assistant ECE Teacher.
Shalom School's ECE department is NAEYC accredited and believes in fostering the emotional, social, academic, and spiritual development of each child. We are looking for qualified teachers to be part of our infant/toddler and preschool teams.
• Work well with a team of teachers
• Love and respect for children
• Interact with children to support their emotional growth
• Be part of a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment
• Use observation techniques to record children's behaviors and skills, and maintain anecdotal records
• Communicate well with families
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 12 core ECE units plus 3 infant/toddler units
• 6 mos. or more of teaching experience
• Able/willing to run and play with children, as well as twist, bend, squat, lift, and carry
• First Aid/CPR certified
• Immunization and live scan clearance
• Willing to attend after-hours staff development
Medical, dental, vision, retirement, PTO, and professional development opportunities
Interested candidates should send a resume to [email protected]