Join our team!
Shalom School is seeking Elementary Educators
We are always delighted to review resumes from enthusiastic, experienced, and skilled elementary educators. Our teachers oversee classrooms and design curricula, plan and carry out lessons, communicate with parents as a partner, and work collaboratively with other faculty to further the mission of our school. Our teachers create a classroom that meets the academic, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of children and provides an environment that is safe, stimulating, and engaging. They differentiate instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners, carry out assessments to monitor student progress and effectively plan curriculum, and manage student behavior.
Successful candidates will possess:
· a teaching credential, California preferred but other states considered
· strong communication skills, including polished writing skills
· the ability to work collaboratively with parents, colleagues, and supervisors
· a commitment to professional development and reflective practice
· demonstrated success in planning and delivering instruction that fosters student inquiry and engagement
· familiarity with current best practices in education, including technology and collaborative learning practices
· candidates need not be of the Jewish faith, though some background knowledge of Judaism is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references to [email protected].
Shalom School is seeking ECE Teachers
Shalom School's ECE department is NAEYC accredited and believes in fostering the emotional, social, academic, and spiritual development of each child. We are looking for qualified teachers to be part of our infant/toddler and preschool teams.
• Work well with a team of teachers
• Love and respect for children
• Interact with children to support their emotional growth
• Be part of a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment
• Use observation techniques to record children's behaviors and skills, and maintain anecdotal records
• Communicate well with families
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 12 core ECE units plus 3 infant/toddler units
• 6 mos. or more of teaching experience
• Able/willing to run and play with children, as well as twist, bend, squat, lift, and carry
• First Aid/CPR certified
• Immunization and live scan clearance
• Willing to attend after-hours staff development
Medical, dental, vision, retirement, PTO, and professional development opportunities
Interested candidates should send a resume to [email protected]